Plugins Available in Website Builder
Each plugin that we make available for activation on your site is vetted for security, reliability, and level of maintenance from the plugin developer. This article will go over the currently approved plugins and what they can be used for.
In this article
- Yoast SEO: customize page titles and descriptions
- Weather Underground: create weather widgets
- Contact Form 7: build custom forms
- Jetpack: auto-publish to social channels
- AdRotate: display advertisements
- WP Notification Bar Pro: site banner for short notices on your site
- Ninja Tables: create custom tables
- Google Doc Embedder: embed documents to display publicly on your site
- WP Google Maps: embed location maps
- Redirection: manage 301 redirects
- TablePress: create custom data tables
- Ninja Forms: drag-and-drop form creation
- Ultimate FAQ
- Instagram Feed
With Yoast SEO, you can optimize your page titles and descriptions to make the most impact in search results, and see a rendering of how your page will appear in Google using the snippet preview.
Yoast is most effective when paired with a clear digital marketing strategy, or at least some knowledge about what users are looking for, and how titles and descriptions can help lead them to the right place in your site.
This plugin displays weather forecasts or current conditions by using [wunderground] shortcodes to display weather widgets. Examples:
[wunderground location="St. Petersburg, Russia" numdays="2" layout="simple" showdata="icon,daynames,highlow,pop"]
will display as:
While the shortcode
[wunderground location="Denver, CO" numdays="3" layout="table-vertical" showdata="daynames,icon,highlow"]
will display as:
You can find the full shortcode reference here: https://github.com/katzwebservices/Wunderground#shortcode
Contact Form 7
With Contact Form 7, you can build custom forms outside of what’s possible with the basic contact forms in Page Builder. Form submissions are emailed to an address designated by the WordPress admin found under Settings>General.
Learn more here: Contact Form 7 Documentation
With Jetpack activated, you can use the Publicize module to auto-push new posts to a variety of social media channels.
- Activate the Jetpack plugin
- Sign up for a free WordPress.com account
- Connect that account to Jetpack
- Authorize social media accounts to be accessible to Jetpack's Publicize module
- Configure Publicize to post automatically to the desired channels
Most of the other modules within Jetpack have been disabled for simplicity and performance reasons.
AdRotate allows you to use shortcodes to display ads. You can specify a particular ad or allow the plugin to choose one at random. Ads can be images, HTML, or hosted on an external service such as Google AdSense, DoubleClick, etc. Learn more here: AdRotate Manuals
WP Notification Bar Pro
If you'd like custom notifications and alerts displayed on your site, you'll want to activate WP Notification Bar Pro. This will allow you to display short messages like important announcements, registration discount codes, directions to a specific area within your site, and more.
Create custom responsive tables to display information on your site with the Ninja Tables plugin.
Google Doc Embedder
This plugin allows you to embed the following supported file types that can be viewed and downloaded on your site:
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF)
- Microsoft Word (DOC/DOCX*)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT/PPTX*)
- Microsoft Excel (XLS/XLSX*)
- TIFF Images (TIF, TIFF)
- Apple Pages (PAGES)
- Adobe Illustrator (AI)
- Adobe Photoshop (PSD)
- Autodesk AutoCad (DXF)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- PostScript (EPS/PS)
- OpenType/TrueType Fonts (OTF, TTF)
- XML Paper Specification (XPS)
- Archive Files (ZIP/RAR)
You can learn more about this plugin here: Google Document Embedder
WP Google Maps
Need to add a custom Google map to your site? This plugin allows you to do so. Need help using this plugin? Check out the WP Google Maps plugin support page.
Manage your 301 redirects and track 404 errors with the Redirection plugin. You can configure the plugin to create and manage redirects for any number of URLs, and can even redirect based on conditions:
- Login status – redirect only if the user is logged in or logged out
- Browser – redirect if the user is using a certain browser
- Referrer – redirect if the user visited the link from another page
- Cookies – redirect if a particular cookie is set
- HTTP headers – redirect based on a HTTP header
- Custom filter – redirect based on your own WordPress filter
This plugin also has logs available and the ability to track 404 errors on your site. Learn more on the Redirection support page.
TablePress allows you to create tables with any type of data, and then embed those tables into posts pages, or text widgets on your site using a shortcode.
Learn more with TablePress documentation.
Ninja Forms is a drag-and-drop form creator that enables the design of complex forms with no code. There are no limitations on the number of forms, fields, emails, actions, or submissions.
You can find detailed instructions and help with Ninja Forms documentation.