Import Team Rosters
Don't feel like entering each roster member's information one by one manually? That's strange because it sounds like a good time. Type typey type! (That's the sound of typing on a keyboard.) Well, luckily there is an option for you to import your team with a file, so wipe that anxiety-induced bead of sweat from your brow and let's get started!
With roster import, you can upload a file (.XLS, .XLSX or .CSV), map the data to TeamSnap roster fields, and ta-da! Instant roster. We even have a roster import template for you!
Set Up the Import File
The first line of your file will be read as the column headings for the system to match the data to the fields in the TeamSnap roster profile. They should roughly match the fields in the player profile.
Up to 100 roster entries can be imported at once. For rosters over 100, please divide your roster into separate files for importing.
Import the Roster File
- Login to TeamSnap.com on the web
- Click your profile name in the My Leagues and Teams dashboard
- Click the Roster tab
- Click Import Players
- Click Choose File
- Choose and open the file to import (.XLS, .XLSX or .CSV)
- Ensure all fields are correctly mapped
- For each column of data, select the corresponding TeamSnap column name from the drop-downs. If you don’t want to import a column, or there is no match, select “No Match.” We’ll import only the data that has a matching column name. We promise!
- If field mapping errors are displayed, ensure all issues are corrected before attempting to proceed by clicking the field and correcting the information. The system will only not import fields with a mapping error.
- Click Save Roster
- Finally, you just need to invite your roster members to join the team!
Help! I imported the wrong data!
No worries! If you need to make a few changes you can open and edit the data in each roster profile manually OR if there are quite a few changes that need to be made you can delete the players from your roster, make the changes in your original file, and import the file again.