Refund Payments on WePay
This article covers how to submit refunds for registration and invoice payments to be processed through the WePay site.
Refund a WePay Registration Payment
Registrations using TeamSnap Payments (powered by WePay) have a refund eligibility window of 120 days from when the initial payment was released. Transaction fees will be included in full refunds but cannot be included in partial refunds.
- From the Registration tab, locate the participant registration you need to refund. Click the Admin > Edit button on the far right to open the registration transaction summary.
- Click the Refund button to the right of the payment that needs to be refunded
- Select Full Refund or Partial Refund Amount (must enter refund amount for partial refunds)
- Click Refund to submit refund for processing
Tip: Refunds decrease the total owed by the amount refunded. If there is no installment plan, you can re-collect the amount refunded using Fee Adjustments to increase the total owed. Learn more here: Edit Participant Registration
Refund a WePay Invoice Payment
- Log into wepay.com /login
- For those with multiple WePay accounts, select the appropriate account using the drop-down in the top right corner:
- Click the transaction to be refunded
- Click Issue Refund
- WePay will then list the payment as refunded:
- For sports organizations only: TeamSnap will list the refund in the invoicing overview and receipts will be emailed to you and the refunded member