Refund Payments on WePay
This article covers how to submit refunds for registration and invoice payments to be processed through the WePay site.
Refund a WePay Registration Payment
Registrations using TeamSnap Payments (powered by WePay) have a refund eligibility window of 120 days from when the initial payment was released. Transaction fees will be included in full refunds but cannot be included in partial refunds.
- From the Registration tab, locate the participant registration you need to refund. Click the Admin > Edit button on the far right to open the registration transaction summary.
- Click the Refund button to the right of the payment that needs to be refunded
- Select Full Refund or Partial Refund Amount (must enter refund amount for partial refunds)
- Click Refund to submit refund for processing
Tip: Refunds do not decrease the total owed. If you want the amount refunded to no longer show as owing, you can adjust or delete the refunded amount from the total owed using Fee Adjustments. Learn more here: Edit Participant Registration
Refund a WePay Invoice Payment
- Log into wepay.com /login
- For those with multiple WePay accounts, select the appropriate account using the drop-down in the top right corner:
- Click the transaction to be refunded
- Click Issue Refund
- WePay will then list the payment as refunded:
- For sports organizations only: TeamSnap will list the refund in the invoicing overview and receipts will be emailed to you and the refunded member