Add a Commissioner to an Organization
League owners can grant administrator (commissioner) access to anyone in their organization. Commissioner access can be granted to as many members as needed/wanted to the league as a whole, or to divisions or sub-divisions within the league depending upon organization structure.
Granting Commissioner Status
If not yet an unassigned member at the Directory level, you'll need to manually add and invite the intended commissioner to become a member first. Commissioner profiles must be left unassigned within the league prior to adding commissioner access, meaning they cannot be assigned to a specific team or division. If the person is already assigned to a team, a new unassigned profile should be manually created for their commissioner access. Once they accept their invitation, or if they are already a roster member:
- Click league level Directory tab
- Locate member in roster list
- Click the Edit button for the member you want to grant access to
- Scroll down to the System Permissions section:
- Select desired access
- To grant admin rights over the whole organization check the box "Grant org editing capabilities"
- To grant admin rights to a specific area (division/subdivision) within the organization click Choose Specific Commissioner Access
- Select divisions to grant commissioner access to and click Save
- Click Save
Problem: Under System Permissions you do not see the Commissioner Access option to Grant Org Editing Capabilities.
Cause: You are likely not logged in as the league owner on record. Commissioner Access can only be granted by the league owner.
Fix It: Request that the league owner assign Commissioner Access on your behalf OR have them contact TeamSnap to authorize making you the owner on record.
Problem: There is a lock icon next to Grant Org Editing Capabilities, therefore the box cannot be checked.
Cause: The member is not linked to the organization with an invitation under the profile.
Fix It: Invite to join or resend the invitation to join. Once the member has accepted, the box to Grant Org Editing Capabilities will become active.