Collect Team Payments Using PayPal
TeamSnap’s Payments tab allows you track fees owed by your players and have payments made right from the site through PayPal.
Only the team owner may set up a PayPal account to receive payments. The associated fees are always charged to the owner. If you wish to pass these fees on to your players, we suggest increasing the amount of each fee to cover the charges. Please find a full description of the fees below.
Create New Fee Item(s)
At least one team fee must be created before PayPal can be set up.
- Click Payments tab
- Click on the +New Team Fee button.
- Enter the fee details
- Click Save
Set Up PayPal
- Click on the Set Up PayPal button
- Check Enable PayPal Payment box to agree to Terms of Service
- Enter Verified PayPal Account information
- If you do not have a PayPal account or if it is not yet verified, you can sign up for free, or sign in to your existing PayPal account and follow the instructions for getting verified.
- Select preferred currency
- current currency options: USD - U.S. Dollar; CAD - Canadian Dollar; AUD - Australian Dollar; EUR - Euro- Germany; HKD - Hong Kong Dollar; GBP - Pound Sterling; & SGD - Singapore Dollar.
- Click Save
Once you have set up your PayPal account, players will have the option to pay with PayPal, either via their PayPal account or via credit card without having a PayPal account.
All payments processed online will incur approximately a 5% processing charge which will be charged to the team owner and deducted from the amount paid. The charge includes the standard PayPal processing fees of approximately 2.9% + 30¢ (your fees may be slightly different depending on your arrangement with PayPal), plus a 2% fee for TeamSnap.
If you wish to pass the processing fees on to your team, you will need to increase the fee amount by approximately 5% in order to account for the approximately 5% taken out for the PayPal & TeamSnap processing fees. For example, if you enter a team fee of $100 for new uniforms and would like to pass the associated fees on to your team, you should increase the fee by $5.00 ($100 x 5% = $5.00) and enter a total fee amount of $105.00.
Manage Member Fee Amounts
If you have included the processing fees into your team fee amounts but want to allow some members to pay by cash or check and avoid the associated fees, you can individually adjust their payment amounts.
- Click the pencil icon next to their amount owed
- In the pop-up window, click on More Options...
- Select Owes a different amount
- Enter the new amount
- You can enter an optional transaction note
- Click Save
In this example, you would enter $100 dollars and a note along the lines of “Paid by check.”
Refunding Fee Payments
- Log into your PayPal account
- Click Activity near the top of the screen
- Click the payment that needs to be refunded
- Click Refund this payment
- Enter the amount of the refund
- Click Continue
- Review the information and then click Issue Refund
- PayPal processing fees will be returned according to PayPal refund guidelines
- TeamSnap fees are non-refundable
- Return to TeamSnap
- Manually enter the refund in TeamSnap by adjusting the amount the person owes (see above).