Divisions and subdivisions and teams, oh my! Ready to get started with the setup of your organization's structure? Great! There are a few things you'll want to make sure you have thought over before jumping right in.
- Do any of your seasons overlap?
- Do you need divisions? How many?
- Do you need subdivisions? How many, and how should those be nested under your divisions?
- How many teams will you have? How should those be nested under your subdivisions/divisions, if you are utilizing that structure?
It's important to plan those items out because you want to think ahead to the end of the season when you archive - are you going to need to do a full league archive that wipes the full season clean, or are you going to want to structure your league into seasons by division so that you can simply archive each season as it ends, while keeping the active season going?
Knowing these things ahead of time will help you set up the structure that matches your needs from the beginning. While you’re at it, we highly recommend consulting that old crystal ball you've got lying around and considering the growth potential of your league over the next couple of years. While having all the Healthy Food teams in one division makes sense now, will you eventually want your Apples separate from your Potatoes? This is not to say league restructures are impossible, but they are time-consuming, can only be completed by TeamSnap Club and League support, and can result in associated data for emails and standings being broken or lost forever. It’s always best to consider all the possibilities from the beginning to avoid any possible issues in the future.
How To: Set Up Divisions (optional)
- To enter your organization, click the name under the My Leagues section
- Click Add Divisions under the Divisions tab
- Enter division name
- Click Save and Create Another to continue adding divisions
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 to add multiple divisions
- Click Save when finished adding divisions
How To: Set Up Subdivisions (optional)
- Click the division name where subdivisions will be added
- Click Add Divisions
- Enter subdivision name
- Click Save and Create Another to continue adding subdivisions
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 to add multiple subdivisions
- Click Save when finished adding subdivisions
How To: Set Up Teams
Note: If you are using divisions, teams can only be added within the lowest level division(s)/subdivision(s) you have set up. They cannot be added at the same level as a division or subdivision. Meaning, you cannot have both a division and a team listed in the same area.
- Click the division name where teams will be added
- If divisions are not being used skip this step
- Click Add Teams
- Enter team name(s) and other available team information
- If available, enter the team owner name and email
- Teams can be created without the owner name and email
- If owner name and email are entered here, they will automatically be assigned as the team owner in your team list. Otherwise, a team owner whose member profile is added at a later time will need to have an accepted team invitation before they can be assigned as the team owner.
- Click Add More Teams to generate additional team fields
- Click Continue when finished adding teams
- If coach/team owner information was entered, you will be given the option to send invitations to join right away or to wait and send invitations later
Once your organizational structure is set up, you're ready to start adding roster members.