If you are an administrator for an account using TeamSnap for Clubs and Leagues, then the schedule import feature will allow you to enter your organization's scheduling quickly and easily!
You can use our CSV schedule import template or create your own CSV file to import. If you use your own file, make sure your column headings match the system data mapping headings:
Note: The only file type that can be uploaded with the Schedule Import feature is CSV. If your file is in Excel (.xls) format you’ll want to save it as a .csv file before proceeding. You’ll also want to make sure that there are no blank rows between rows that contain data in your import file. The system will read that as an error.
Are you ready to import? Make sure all of these items have been completed and you are good to go!:
✔ All divisions/teams have been set up
✔ All outside opponents have been entered
- To do this go to each team’s schedule tab and click on the Edit Opponents button. If no games have been entered on the team’s schedule yet, click on the Schedule Your First Game button, then on Edit Opponents. When importing events that do not have an opponent (e.g. practices), just delete the Away Team column from the template and enter team names in the home team column.
✔ All locations have been entered in the league level schedule tab
✔ Team names, outside opponent names, and location names entered in the import file match exactly to how they are spelled in TeamSnap
✔ Any blank rows or columns have been deleted
Time: HH:MM AM/PM
How To: Import Your CSV Schedule File
- Click the Schedule tab
- Click on the Schedule Imports button
- Click on the Upload Import File button
- Click Choose File and select the import file on your computer
- Decide if you want league controlled or team controlled events:
- League controlled (box unchecked): All game results and edits will need to be made by a club/league admin, games and events will be displayed in league, division, and team schedule tabs
- Team controlled (box checked): Team admin(s) will be able to edit games/events and enter game results, games and events will be displayed in team schedule tab and will not be displayed in division or league schedule tabs
- Click Continue
- Click on the Create All Events button
To check on the status of your import, go back to the schedule imports list. This will indicate whether the import was successful or not.
- If successful, it will show the events were created.
- If not, it will display an error status: