Have you received a payment failure email notification or see a failed installment payment on your registration dashboard? We can help!
When processing payments, your PayPal account balance (if any) is applied to fund the transaction first. If you don't have a PayPal balance, or your balance is not sufficient to cover the whole transaction, PayPal will fund it or the remainder with another payment method linked to your account. If you have no money in your PayPal balance and no other valid payment methods listed, the payment will fail.
Not to worry, you can resolve it by verifying there is a valid backup payment source on your PayPal account attached to your installment plan. Here's how:
- Log into your account at PayPal.com.
- Click the Wallet tab
- Verify at least one active payment method(bank account or payment card) is listed. Need to add one? Click Link a bank or Link a card and follow the instructions on the screen
Once the payment method is added to your wallet, move to step 4.
- Click the Settings icon in the top right corner, then the Payments tab, then Preapproved Payments
Click the preapproved payment plans link
Click the payment plan you’d like to edit
- Under Payment Method, click Change and select a valid bank account or payment card to act as your backup funding source, then click Save. Keep in mind if you don't have a PayPal account balance, your backup funding source will be the one charged for your installment payments.
NOTE: If you are still unsure about the valid or invalid payment methods listed on your PayPal account, contact PayPal at 1 (402) 935-2050 (US & international) for assistance.
- Once you have verified a valid backup funding source is attached to your PayPal payment plan, return to your TeamSnap dashboard and click Reset Payments. This will tell the system to try processing the payment again, and you’re done!
If after following the steps above, your installment plan still results in a Failed status, contact TeamSnap support for help & further payment troubleshooting.