This article describes archiving for teams. For club & league archiving, read this: How to Archive Season for Clubs & Leagues
NOTE: Season archiving is available only for accounts with teams on paid plans, and can only be performed by the team owner (for independent team accounts) or the club/league owner or commissioners (for club/league accounts) on the web app (this function not available in mobile apps).
Changing seasons? Season archiving will save a copy of the outgoing season and create a new season with options to carry forward roster and other needed data. The new season will be ready for schedule, payments, statistics, and photos to be added. Read more: What is Season Archiving?
Unless selected to carry forward, the following data will be saved in the archive and cleared for the new season:
- Messages: Posts, Emails, Alerts
- TeamSnap Live (TSL) chat data for games/events (***This data cannot be selected to be brought to the new season. Please independently save any needed game/event chat data before archiving season. TSL Team Chat data is not archived with the season and remains with the team.)
Season archives are irreversible. Please ensure the correct selections are made for any team data needed for the new season.
How to Archive Season:
- Log into TeamSnap
- Click team name
- Click Manager tab
- Click Seasons tab
- Click Start a New Season button
- Enter Completed Season Name and New Season Name
- Make selections for any existing data to be carried forward to new season
- If any events for the new season have already been entered on the schedule, please make sure you pay close attention to the Event to Start the New Season selection. Once the archive has processed, games/events archived with the old season cannot be brought forward to the new season.
- Click Archive This Season and Start a New Season button
The archive will process and after a few minutes, the new season will be available. The archived season can be accessed on the web (not mobile apps) on the My Teams and Leagues dashboard screen by clicking the Show Archived/Retired Seasons at the bottom of the My Teams section.
If you liked this article, you may also be interested in What is Season Archiving?