You can set your individual team preferences to send you push notifications to your iOS or Android device.
Push notifications are sent out for the following features:
- Addition of a new Event/Game (when the manager has “notify team” on)
- Updated Event/Game (when the manager has “notify team” on)
- Availability Reminders (when the manager sends out an Availability reminder to the team)
- Score Updates
- Alerts created through the Messages tab
To set push notifications on your iOS or Android device just follow these steps:
- Login to your team site and go to the Preferences tab
- Click on “Edit’
- Check the box that says, “Send push notifications to my iOS device” (It will also work for Android… we’ll update this messaging soon)
- Select “Save”
To make sure your iOS device is set up correctly to receive TeamSnap push notifications just follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings icon
- Select “Notifications”
- Scroll down to the TeamSnap app
- Make sure “On” is selected next to “Notification Center”
- Make sure you have a selected an “Alert Style” (either “Banners” or “Alerts”) if you want the reminder to appear on your screen
Android devices should have similar settings, but each device is different. In general, you should find it on the “Settings” menu, under “Notifications”.
If you do not see the TeamSnap app in your phone’s Notifications settings, you may not have given the app permission to send notifications the first time you downloaded it. To fix this, please delete the app, then download it again.