Transferring team ownership
For independent teams, team owners can transfer ownership of their team(s) to any active roster member that has been granted manager access to the team. For teams that are part of a sports organization in TeamSnap, only organization administrators can assign or change team ownership.
Team owners cannot be removed from a team that they own. If removal is desired without deactivating the team, team ownership must be transferred to another team administrator. Once the transfer has been accepted by the prospective team owner, the transferring owner will be downgraded to a team manager and can then leave or be removed from the team.
During the transfer process, the existing team owner's payment information will be removed from the team, and the new owner will be prompted to enter their own payment information. The new owner will be responsible for any future team plan billing. Any changes made to the team's plan before the transfer will take effect immediately.
- The transfer initiator must be the current team owner.
- The new owner must have accepted their team invitation and have their own profile on the team roster (cannot be listed as a contact under another member's roster profile).
- If needed, add and invite the new owner to the team.
Attention: Do not try to replace the current team owner’s roster profile information with the new owner’s information. Ownership will not be transferred because each roster profile is connected to the TeamSnap account of the person who accepted the invitation for that profile. If the owner's profile has been edited this way, change the information back to the original owner's and then follow the ownership transfer process.
Initiating team ownership transfer
- Hover over the Account button
- Click Manage My Teams
- Click on the name of the team to be transferred in the left-hand column of the screen (if you own only one team you can skip this)
- Click the Transfer Team Ownership button for the team that you own that you'd like to transfer
- Select the new owner from the drop-down menu of eligible roster members
- Click the Initiate Transfer button
- Click Done to complete the transfer initiation process
The new owner will receive an email to accept the transfer. Ownership offers can be viewed and accepted in the Manage My Teams section of the new owner's account settings. Once accepted, the original owner will remain on the roster as a manager unless they leave the team or are removed by the new owner