Troubleshooting Roster Imports
Getting stuck trying to import your rosters? Here are a few tips and tricks to help:
Use the Right Template
There are two roster import templates available for the Club & League TeamSnap app. If you are importing roster profiles for the whole organization, a division, or multiple teams you will want to import under the Members tab and use the Import Organization Roster Guide and Template. If you are importing roster profiles to a single team at the team level, you will want to import under the team's Roster tab and use the Import a Team Rosters Guide and Template. These templates are not interchangeable, and must be in a CSV format to import.
Check Your Headings
Your headings should be exactly the same as in the template. Your import tool can not read approximate headings, so any change in the order or phrasing of your column headings can result in an import error. For best results, start with a clean template and plug in your information.
If you have created your own columns to match with custom fields, make sure they match exactly, do not have the same title as any other columns, default or custom fields, and that they are ordered in the file next to other player profile-related columns, like 'Jersey Number' or 'Position'.
Review for Typos
The most common cause for an import error is the dreaded typo. Be exact! Imports are sensitive, even to spaces and punctuation.
- The team names in your organization should all match exactly the team names you have entered in your import file.
- The division name in your import should match exactly the name of the division directly above your teams. If you have subdivisions, you will want to use the subdivision name.
- Example: If the team name is listed as PANTHERS in TeamSnap, but the team name is entered as Panthers on the import, the import will fail.
- Example: If the organization has two subdivisions with the same name, the import will not be able to tell those subdivisions apart, and the import will fail. Every name in the Divisions column of your import file must be unique and exact.
- All custom field heading and data options should match exactly. For best results, import into 'text' style custom fields instead of the more sensitive drop-down custom field.
Include Required Information
- Any contact information requires an associated name. This is especially important for the Import Organization Roster Guide and Template. If a row includes any information in a P1 or P2 cell, you will need a name in the associated p1fn , p1ln or p2fn , p2ln name columns. Don't worry if these names are stand-in names. Member contact names will sync up to their account names upon accepting invitations.
- If you are importing to more than one team or division, make sure to include team and division names in the associated columns.
- A player name and email are required.
- You must include Y or N in the Non-Player column to designate of the member is a player or non-player.
Delete Empty Columns
If your spreadsheet has any blank rows, you will want to make sure to remove them.