Import Organization Roster Members
Need to add your members and already have your roster saved in a spreadsheet? If your organization is using TeamSnap for Clubs and Leagues, you're in luck!
Prepare the CSV Roster File
It's important that all of your column headings match up with TeamSnap's league roster import template. For best results, we recommend downloading the template and plugging in your information.
Import file key:
P1 = Parent one
P2 = Parent Two
Non-Player = Enter Y for non-player (i.e. coach/manager), Enter N or leave blank for player.
When there is data in the P1 and P2 columns, the import will automatically create Additional Contacts in the player profile, as long as the Parent 1 and Parent 2 first names are populated on your import file.
If your spreadsheet has any blank rows, you will want to make sure to remove them. To import your players directly to their team, you will want to include their team name in the “team” column. Make sure that team name matches exactly how you have it set up in TeamSnap. If you have divisions set up, you will need to include the division too. Make sure the division name matches how you have it set up in TeamSnap as well. If you have sub-divisions, you would put in the division name for the lowest level sub-division.
Import the CSV Roster File
- Click the Directory tab
- Click the Roster Imports button
- Click the Upload Import File button
- Click the Choose File button
- Select your import file and click Open
- Click Continue
- Click the Inspect button
- Review a few imported records to ensure that the information is accurate and populating in the correct fields
- Once satisfied, click Back to Roster Import
- If the data is incorrect, click Import Later, make corrections to your import file and start back at step 5
- Click Create All Rosters to finish the import process
If you did not include data in the team column of the import file, you can assign members to their teams after the import by following the steps in the Adding Members help article.
Getting stuck? Check out Tips and Tricks for Troubleshooting Roster Imports.