Assigning Members to a Division or Team
Once members are added to your organization, you can start assigning them to teams. Members won’t see anything when they log into their TeamSnap account until they are assigned to a team.
In this article
- Drag and Drop Rostering from the Rostering Tab
- What's Next
Drag and Drop Rostering from the Rostering Tab
- Click the Rostering tab
- Enter roster filtering details
- Note: Filters are currently AND conditions only. There are no OR conditions built into the filters at this time. So for example, adding filter If Grade Level Is 5th grade and then also adding filter If Grade Level Is 6th grade in one search, the system will not return all registrants marked as 5th OR 6th grade. It will search and return results for those who are marked as both 5th AND 6th grade, which is not possible since registrants can only choose one grade during registration. It is highly recommended that you use a field only once per filter.
- Save your search filters (optional)
- Currently, saved filters will only be accessible in the browser they were originally saved in. Saved filter searches will not be available in other browsers or devices.
- Click Apply Filters
- Search results are displayed below the filter section with roster member results on the left, and teams and divisions listed on the right in the drop section
- Click Instant or Builder at the top of the Assign Members to Division/Team section
- Click Instant to have rostering assignments take immediate effect and be immediately visible to roster members
- Click Builder to keep changes private and pending until published
- Click division name(s) in the drop section until you have reached the intended division or team
- Need to navigate back through the divisions? Just click the division name or home icon above the drop section
- Click on an individual or multiple members to check the boxes and select for rostering
- Drag and drop member(s) to drop area
- Drag members back from team/division to the Not Rostered section to un-assign
Once rostered, the TeamSnap member who completed the Registration form under their account will automatically have access to the team their registration participant has been rostered to. On the team roster, their active access is indicated by a green checkmark next to their name in the roster list.
Publish Pending Roster Assignments
Ready to publish your builder mode roster assignments?
- Click the Rostering tab
- Individual roster assignments can be published by selecting the division or team and clicking Publish Roster for the team or division
- Publish all pending roster assignments for the current division by clicking Publish Rosters
- Publish all pending roster assignments for the entire organization by clicking the home icon then Publish Rosters
While not required, we recommend sending out a member email with the following information:
- Teams have been assigned
- The person who completed the registration automatically has access to the team under their TeamSnap account
- The Quick Start Guide for Members and Fans
- Information on How to add and invite additional family members or contacts
Now that you’ve got your members added, rostered, and notified, we’re ready to go over member types.