Import Schedule for Sports Organizations
If you are an administrator for an account using TeamSnap for Clubs and Leagues, then the schedule import feature will allow you to enter your organization's scheduling quickly and easily!
You can use our CSV Sports Organization Schedule Import Template or create your own CSV file to import. If you use your own file, make sure your column headings match the system data mapping headings:
Prepare to Import
✔ All divisions/teams have been set up
✔ Any outside (non-league) opponents have been entered
- To do this go to each team’s schedule tab and click on the Edit Opponents button. If no games have been entered on the team’s schedule yet, click on the Schedule Your First Game button, then on Edit Opponents. When importing events that do not have an opponent (e.g. practices), just leave the Away Team column blank.
✔ All locations have been entered in the league level schedule tab
✔ Team names, outside (non-league) opponent names, and location names in the import file match exactly to how they are spelled in TeamSnap
✔ Any blank rows or columns have been deleted
✔ There are no spaces before/after and of the data in each cell
Start/End Time: HH:MM AM/PM
Arrival Time: Minutes prior to start time (for example, 30)
Import the CSV Schedule File
- Click the Schedule tab
- Click the Schedule Imports button
- Click on the Upload Schedule from File button
- Click Choose File and select your CSV schedule file on your computer
- Decide if you want league controlled or team controlled events:
- League controlled (box unchecked): All game results and edits will need to be made by a sports org admin, games and events will be displayed in league, division, and team schedule tabs, but can only be edited at the league level
- Team controlled (box checked): Sports org admins and team admins will be able to edit games/events and enter game results, games and events will be displayed in
league, division, and team schedule tabs, but can only be edited at the team level
- Click Continue
- Click on the Create All Events button
To check on the status of your import, go back to the schedule imports list. This will indicate whether the import was successful or not.
- If successful, it will show the events were created.
- If not, it will display an error status:
- If you receive an error you'll need to correct the import file data, then re-upload your file