Troubleshooting Schedule Imports
Getting stuck trying to import your schedule? Here are a few tips and tricks to help:
Use the Right Template
There are two schedule import templates available for the Club & League TeamSnap app. If you are importing games and events for more than one team, you will want to import under the organization Schedule tab and use the Import Schedule for Sports Organizations guide and template. If you are importing schedules to a single team at the team level, you will want to import under the team Schedule tab and use the Import a Team Schedule Guide and Template. These templates are not interchangeable, and must be in a CSV format to import.
Check Your Headings
Your headings should be exactly the same as in the CSV template. Your import tool can not read approximate headings, so any change in the order or phrasing of your column headings can result in an import error. For best results, start with a clean template and plug in your information. Schedule imports can not be customized with added columns. Only the columns in the templates are supported.
Separate Games and Events
Your Games and your Events should be imported as separate files. When importing Events, delete the 'Away Team' column, and only include the 'Home Team' column for that file.
Before You Import Your Organization Schedule
Your organization schedule import can generate games and events for all teams across your organization! It can not generate teams, divisions, opponents, or locations. Before you import, make sure to check that you have done the following:
- All divisions/teams have been set up
- Any outside (non-league) opponents have been entered - To do this go to each team’s schedule tab and click on the Edit Opponents button. If no games have been entered on the team’s schedule yet, click on the Schedule Your First Game button, then on Edit Opponents. When importing events that do not have an opponent (e.g. practices), just leave the Away Team column blank.
- All locations have been entered in the league level schedule tab
Review for Typos and Formatting Requirements
The most common cause for an import error is the dreaded typo. Be exact! Imports are sensitive, even to spaces and punctuation.
- Team names, outside (non-league) opponent names, and location names in the import file match exactly to how they are spelled in TeamSnap and they are case sensitive. If your team name is listed as PANTHERS in TeamSnap if you enter the team name as Panthers on the import, it won't find a match.
- Any blank rows or columns have been deleted
- There are no spaces before/after and of the data in each cell
- Formatting requirements: Date: MM/DD/YYYY (Unless you change your organization Settings > Site Prefs to Use international dates (DD/MM/YYYY)), Start/End Time: HH:MM AM/PM
- Arrival Time: Minutes prior to start time (for example, 30)
Include Required Information
The following organization template columns can be deleted, if you do not need them. All other columns are required.
- End Time
- Away Team (For event import files only.)
- Event Type
- Location Details
- Arrival Time
- Short Label