Team Transfers for Sports Organizations
A team transfer is the process of moving a team from an independent state into a sports organization site within TeamSnap.
Attention: This process can only be started by our support team once the organization structure has been created for where the teams should be transferred to. This means the program(s), season(s), and division(s) where the teams will be housed need to be set up before requesting team transfers.
Transfer request acceptance requirements:
- You are the owner/admin of a sports organization with a TeamSnap for Clubs and Leagues account.
- The divisions in the organization where teams will be transferred have been created.
- The teams being transferred are existing independent teams in TeamSnap with their own billing plans.
Requesting team transfers
- Review your organization structure and make sure you have set up your programs, seasons, and divisions in a way that makes the most sense for the way you run your organization.
- Email email@example.com with the subject line "Team Transfers" and a message stating that you need a team transfer form created for your organization.
- You will receive a link to send to all of the existing independent team owners whose teams need to be transferred into the organization account.
- This link grants our team authorization to transfer ownership of the team into the new organization account and is required for every team that must be transferred in. The form must be completed by the team owner for the authorization to be valid.
- Teams will be transferred into the organization account within 24-48 hours (not including weekends).
- Any teams that have a paid annual plan at the time of transfer will have a prorated refund issued to the card on file for the original team plan. This means independent team owners will receive refund amounts for the unused time of their annual plan. Refunds are not issued for paid monthly plans.
Alternative Organization Restructuring Options
- You can reassign roster profiles to different teams using the Rostering tab.
- You can rename divisions or teams as a way of restructuring. Divisions can be renamed using the 3-dot menu in the Admin column of the Divisions tab, while teams can be renamed under their respective Manager tab.
- You can also utilize the archive process to remove data from an active season and save it in an archived season, and start a new season where you can create a fresh structure, etc.