This article covers roster imports and how to perform them.
Don't feel like entering each of your roster member's information one by one manually? That's strange because it sounds like a good time. Type typey type! Luckily there is an option for you to import your roster by uploading a .CSV file, so wipe that anxiety-induced bead of sweat from your brow and let's get started!
In this article
- Team Roster Import File Setup
- Team to Team Roster Import
- Organization Roster Import File Setup
Team Roster Import File Setup
The first line of your file will be read as the column headings. The system will use the data from those fields to match to the fields in the TeamSnap roster profile. They should roughly match the fields in the player profile.
Up to 100 roster entries can be imported at once. For rosters over 100, please divide your roster into separate files for importing.
Team Roster Import
With team imports, you can upload your file then map the data to TeamSnap roster fields, and ta-da! Instant roster. We even have a roster import template for you!
Upload the Roster File and Run the Import
- Login to TeamSnap.com on the web
- Click your profile name in the My Leagues and Teams dashboard
- Click the Roster tab
- Click Import Players
- Click Choose File
- Choose and open the file to import (.XLS, .XLSX or .CSV)
- Double check that all your fields are correctly mapped
- For each column of data, select the corresponding TeamSnap column name from the drop-downs. If you don’t want to import a column, or there is no match, select “No Match.” We’ll import only the data that has a matching column name. We promise!
- If any field mapping errors are displayed, correct the issues before attempting to proceed by clicking the field and correcting the information. The system will not import fields with a mapping error.
- Click Save Roster
- Finally, you just need to invite your roster members to join the team!
Team to Team Roster Import
Starting a new team with some familiar faces? You can invite current or former teammates directly to your new roster using the import from another team tool. Organization administrators must have an admin profile on both the teams they are importing to and from. Commissioner profiles for sports organizations are not assigned to teams and will not see the option to import from another team.
- Log into TeamSnap
- Click your roster name below the team you will be transferring to, to enter the team site from the dashboard
- Click the Roster tab
- Click Import From Another Team
- Select the team to import from
- Select the names of the players within the team that you want to import
- Select/Deselect the checkbox to send invitations to join as desired
- Click Import # Players
- Click Send Invite to confirm sending the imported players invitations to join the team or click Don't Send to skip sending invitations
- All done! Your imported players will be displayed under the Roster tab as soon as the import has finished processing
Organization Roster Import File Setup
It's important that all of your column headings match up with TeamSnap's league roster import template. For best results, we recommend downloading the template and plugging in your information.
Import file key:
P1 = Parent one
P2 = Parent Two
Non-Player = Enter Y for non-player (i.e. coach/manager), Enter N or leave blank for player.
When there is data in the P1 and P2 columns, the import will automatically create Additional Contacts in the player profile, as long as the Parent 1 and Parent 2 first names are populated on your import file.
If your spreadsheet has any blank rows, you will want to make sure to remove them. To import your players directly to their team, you will want to include their team name in the “team” column. Make sure that team name matches exactly how you have it set up in TeamSnap. If you have divisions set up, you will need to include the division too. Make sure the division name matches how you have it set up in TeamSnap as well. If you have sub-divisions, you would put in the division name for the lowest level sub-division.
Organization Roster Import
- Click the Members tab
- Click the Roster Imports button
- Click the Upload Import File button
- Click the Choose File button
- Select your import file and click Open
- Click Continue
- Click the Inspect button
- Review a few imported records to ensure that the information is accurate and populating in the correct fields
- Once satisfied, click Back to Roster Import
- If the data is incorrect, click Import Later, make corrections to your import file and start back at step 5
- Click Create All Rosters to finish the import process
If you did not include data in the team column of the import file, you can assign members to their teams after the import by following the steps in the Assigning Members help article.
Getting stuck? Check out Tips and Tricks for Troubleshooting Roster Imports.