Adding Discount Codes to Your Registration Forms
Organization administrators can easily create and provide discount codes for registration that can be used as a coupon code or to apply a scholarship to a registration form by using the adjustments functionality.
Create a Registration Coupon Code
- Create a text-type custom form field named Coupon Code (or anything else to distinguish that it is a discount code).
- Click the Payments & Adjustments tab
- Click Auto Adjustments
- Click the +New Adjustment button
- Select your coupon code custom field from the When the field dropdown
- Enter the code you want users must enter and match to redeem the discount in the Has the Value field
- Enter the negative amount of the discount value in the Adjust the amount owed by field. This will be the amount you would like deducted from their fees and must be entered as a negative number, otherwise it will add the amount entered to the total registration fees. For example, if you would like the code to be for a $150 deduction from the total registration amount, you would enter -150 here.
- Click Save
Scholarship codes can be entered the same way as coupon codes. However, instead of naming the custom field Coupon Code, you may name it Scholarship Code.
Handling Multiple Discount Codes
Do you have families that need to use a discount code for each participant? If so, they will be able to enter a different code (or not) for each participant they are registering.
Do you have various situations that you need to offer a discount? Such has you have returning families with registration credits of varying amounts, or perhaps you are given a discount for parents that volunteer. We suggest making a unique code for each situation and keeping track of who is given what code.