Adding Discount Codes to Your Registration Forms
- Team Admins
- Team Owners
- Org Admins
- Org Owners
Organization administrators can easily create and provide discount codes for registration that can be used as a coupon code or to apply a scholarship to a registration form.
Creating a Fee Adjustment Discount Code
Registration Participant Fees can display for your registrants based on conditional logic. You can use this conditional logic to set up discount codes that can be used for coupon codes or scholarship codes. Participant Fee adjustments are slightly more sophisticated than Auto Adjustments, and can be configured to vary depending on the number of players being registered.
- Click Registration tab
- Hover over the Admin ... button and click Edit for the form to which you will be adding a discount code.
- Create a custom form field under the Form Fields > Add New Field tab.
- Click Participant Fees tab
- Click + New Participant fee.
- Name your fee "Discount" or "Scholarship" (or whatever is most appropriate.)
- Select Add Option
- Enter the new option fee name
- Enter a negative value for your discount fee.
- Under Conditional Logic, check Show based on custom field
- Select your Discount Code field.
- Enter the discount code value.
- Optional: To set up a discount that is not multiplied by the number of participants being registered, use Advanced Fees to divide the discount by the number of participants being registered.
- Create an Advanced Fee.
- Enter the advanced fee name
- Divide the amount of your discount in the by the number of participants being registered (So for -50.00 discount on a two-player registration, enter a value of -25.00.)
- Enter the Number of Registrants required for the adjustment to take effect
- Repeat as needed to add three and four participant registration adjustments.
Creating an Auto Adjustment Discount Code
Auto Adjustment discount codes can be used for coupon codes or scholarship codes. The discount is automatically applied on the Checkout page after a registrant selects participant fees. These codes are best for per-player/participant discounts and will subtract from each participant's participant fees.
- Create a custom form field
- Name it "Discount Code", "Coupon Code", or "Scholarship Code." (or anything else to distinguish this)
- Select the text field type
- Click the Payments & Adjustments tab
- Click Auto Adjustments
- Click the +New Adjustment button
- Select your coupon code custom field from the When the field dropdown
- Enter the code you want users must enter and match to redeem the discount in the Has the Value field
- Enter the negative amount of the discount value in the Adjust the amount owed by field. This will be the amount you would like deducted from their fees and must be entered as a negative number, otherwise it will add the amount entered to the total registration fees. For example, if you would like the code to be for a $150 deduction from the total registration amount, you would enter -150 here.
- Click Save
Handling Multiple Discount Codes
Do you have families that need to use a different discount code for each participant that they are registering? If so, they will be able to enter a different code (or not) for each participant they are registering. Just repeat your Fee Adjustment Discount Code or Auto Adjustment Discount Code steps to create as many discount codes as necessary.