This article explains the households feature for family management within TeamSnap.
Anyone can create a household. This will most commonly be done by the adult responsible for managing a family within TeamSnap. For example, in a family with two parents and 3 children, one of the parents can create the household and then invite the other parent, the 3 children, and anyone else who would like to receive TeamSnap communications for the team games and messages, including Uncle Bob!
You can be a part of multiple households, but can only create a single household. The household creator is the Household Organizer, with privileges to invite or remove members.
- Log into teamsnap.com using a web or mobile browser
- Hover over the Account button in the top right
- Click My Account in the drop-down
- Click Households
- Click New Household Member
- Complete the household member profile information
- Note: Household members are not required to have a TeamSnap account. Non-members will be prompted to create an account during the process to join the household. Existing TeamSnap members will have their account connected to their household profile once they accept the household join invitation.
- Click Add Household Member
- If an email address was entered, an invitation to join your household will be sent
Households will provide a variety of benefits to you within TeamSnap. When you register for a team, you can select household members to bring along with you, no longer needing to add and invite them as contacts. When you register for a club, participant and parent information can be pre-loaded for you, saving you time from re-entering information that TeamSnap already knows! Shared calendars, family invoicing, and viewing historical information by households are other benefits that households can provide.