Add Team Manager or Organization Commissioner Roles to Existing Members
This article explains how to grant administrative permissions for roster members.
In this article
Manager Access on a Team
Team owners or organization administrators can grant manager access to any member on a team roster. Learn more: Member Types and Roles
Note: Managers have full editing rights to the team they are on. All users with login access to the manager's member profile will be able to utilize the manager permissions. We do not recommend adding or inviting contacts under a manager member's profile.
There is no limit to the number of members on your team that can have manager access. If your intended manager is an adult that is listed under a child's existing player profile, create a new, separate roster profile for the adult and invite them to the team with their new manager profile.
Add Manager Access
Tip: Mark your coaches and managers as non-players to separate them from the player members in the roster.
- Log into TeamSnap or open the TeamSnap app.
- Navigate to the desired team.
- Click or Tap the Roster tab.
- Click or Tap the member's name.
- Don't have the new manager on the roster yet? Add and invite them.
- Click or Tap Edit.
- Select or Toggle Manager Access.
- Click or Tap Save.
Commissioner Access in an Organization or Specific Division
Attention: This article is for organization administrators on TeamSnap for Clubs and Leagues v1. Check your version at the bottom of your organization screen.
Organization owners can grant administrator (commissioner) access to anyone in their organization. Commissioner access can be granted to as many members as needed/wanted to the organization as a whole, or to divisions or sub-divisions within the org depending upon the structure.
Note: Commissioner access can only be granted from the web app, not available in mobile apps. Commissioner access can only be granted to active TeamSnap members who have accepted their invitation that are not assigned to a team.
Add Organization Commissioner Access
Commissioner profiles must be left unassigned within the organization prior to adding commissioner access, meaning they cannot be assigned to a specific team. If the person is already assigned to a team, a new unassigned profile should be manually created for their commissioner access.
Attention: If you are creating a new Commissioner profile from scratch, it is important and necessary to loop back around and send an invite to join. To check if a commissioner has been invited, you can search for the commissioner by name and role under the Members tab and check to see if there is a button for their profile to 'invite to join' (indicating no invitation has been sent) or to 'resend invite' (indicating an invitation has been sent, but not yet accepted.)
- Log into TeamSnap.
- Click your organization name on the dashboard.
- Use the search function to locate member profile.
- Don't have an unassigned ("no team") role for this member in your organization yet? Add and invite them.
- Click the desired member name.
- Hover over the Actions ... button for the unassigned member role and select Edit.
- Scroll down to the System Permissions section:
- Don't see the option to grant org editing capabilities? You may not be logged in as the organization owner. Commissioner access can only be granted by the organization owner. Request that the organization owner grant commissioner access on your behalf OR have them contact TeamSnap to authorize making you the owner on record.
- Select desired access:
- To grant admin rights over the whole organization check the box Grant org editing capabilities.
- To grant admin rights to a specific area (division/subdivision) within the organization click Choose Specific Commissioner Access.
- The member is required to have accepted their invitation to join before they can be assigned division-specific administrator access.
- Select the divisions to grant commissioner access to and click Save.
- Click Save.
Attention: Unable to grant commissioner access? There are three possible reasons:
- You are not the organization owner.
- The profile is assigned to a team rather than being left unassigned at the organization level.
- The commissioner profile has not yet been sent or accepted an invitation.