Archive Team Season
This article describes archiving for teams. For club & league archiving, read this: Archive Sports Organization Season
Changing seasons? Experiencing slow load times? Season archiving may be the answer. Season archiving will save a copy of the outgoing season and create a new season with options to carry forward roster and other needed data. The new season will be ready for schedule, payments, statistics, and photos to be added. Read more: What is Season Archiving?
During the archive process, all team data for the following areas will be archived* unless selected to carry forward to the new season:
- Schedule (games/events/availability)
- Media (photos, videos, files)
- Messages (posts, emails, alerts)
- TeamSnap Live (TSL) (Game/Event Chat Data)
- *Team Chat Data is not archived and will be carried over to the new season by default
Archive a Team Season
- Log into TeamSnap
- Click your roster name below the team name to enter the team site
- Click Manager tab
- Click Seasons tab
- Click Start a New Season button
- Enter Completed Season Name and New Season Name
- Make selections for any existing data to be carried forward to the new season
- If any events for the new season have already been entered on the schedule, please make sure you pay close attention to the Event to Start the New Season selection. Once the archive has processed, games/events archived with the old season cannot be brought forward to the new season.
- Click Archive This Season and Start a New Season button
The archive will process and after a few minutes, the new season will be available. The archived season can be accessed on the web (not mobile apps) on the My Teams and Leagues dashboard screen by clicking the Show Archived/Retired Seasons at the bottom of the My Teams section. If you don't need the new season, you can delete the new season's team that is created from the archive.