Sending a team email
- Clubs and Leagues
TeamSnap members can send emails from the Messages tab on both the web and mobile applications to active email addresses listed on roster profiles. Any email address with the checkbox "Receive Emails" selected will receive messages sent to that roster profile member.
Note: Emails are cleared from recipient inboxes within TeamSnap after 90 days while remaining accessible in recipients' external email provider inboxes and the sender's TeamSnap outbox indefinitely.
In this article
Send a team email (web)
Attention: Messages composed on the web are occasionally auto-saved to the local memory of your browser. This means that if you leave the message and then return using the same browser, you will see your auto-saved content. This does not create a saved draft of your email. If a new message is composed, the next auto-save will overwrite the previous auto-saved content. To save your email so you can return to it later using any browser or device, use the Save as Draft button.
- Log in to TeamSnap from a web browser.
- Enter your team site.
- Click the Messages tab.
- Click Emails.
- Click the + New Email button.
- Enter your email subject and the body of your message.
- If desired, format text using the built-in toolbar.
- If you are copy+pasting from another source, you can paste without carrying over formatting (to format using the integrated options) using Cmd+Shift+V (Mac) or Ctrl+Shift+V (Windows).
- A hard return (Enter) will result in double spacing. For single spacing, use Shift+Enter.
- To insert a link in your message, highlight the desired text and click the chainlink icon in the formatting toolbar. You can then enter or paste the URL you'd like the text to link to.
- Select the recipients.
- Only team members with their emails enabled to receive messages on their roster profile will be available for selection.
- Optional: Click the Add File button to add an attachment to your message.
- You can add multiple attachments to an email message, the maximum combined file size is 20 MB. The functionality to send or view an attachment is not available in the mobile app.
- Optional: Click Save as Draft if you need to save your email to return to later.
- Draft emails are listed in your Sent email list, indicated by a pencil icon with "Not yet sent" for the send date. Click the subject line of your draft email in that list to reopen and finish it.
- Draft emails cannot be saved or sent from the mobile app.
- Click Send Email.
Send a team email (mobile)
- Open the TeamSnap app.
- For team emails:
- Method 1: Tap the Messages tab.
- Tap Emails (iOS) or the orange plus (+) button and tap New Email (Android).
- Method 2: Tap +Email icon (iOS) or the orange plus (+) button and tap New Message, then Email (Android).
- Tap the To field and select your recipients.
- Tap OK (iOS) or the checkmark ✔️ icon (Android).