Rostering Tips and Tricks
Here are a tips and tricks to get the most out of your Rostering tab tools when Rostering Members to a Division or Team.
Can't Find Roster Members
If your search isn't producing desired results, here are a few things to check.
- Start every new search by Clearing Filters for best results.
- Make sure your members have roster member profiles in your active season. If you are generating member profiles via registration, and the Completed Registrations entries are gray and don't have any hyperlinks, those registration entries haven't generated member profiles. Here's how you can fix that: No Registration Roster Member.
- Search from the top of the organization. When you access a Rostering tab at the division level, you will only be able to search and assign member profiles that are already in that division. It's often easiest to just make sure you are at the top Rostering tab that is at the same level as your Registration tools.
- Keep an eye on your Member Status settings. These settings excludes member profiles with Builder Mode edits or that are already assigned to teams and will radically change your search results.
Custom Field Filters
Custom fields can be a great resource for filtering roster members by specific criteria. Here are a few tips.
- Don't edit custom fields that have already collected information. Editing a custom field will edit it globally on all member profiles, and can compromise your custom field search results for existing data.
- Make sure your custom fields are uniquely named, and that the custom field name isn't exactly the same as any default fields. Here's how to Manage Organization Custom Fields.
- For best results, search one custom field at a time.