Assigning Members to a Division or Team
Once members are added to your organization, you can start assigning them to teams. Members won’t see anything when they log into their TeamSnap account until they are assigned to a team.
In this article
Copy a Member to an Additional Team or Division
Organization administrators can create new profiles for existing members to them to additional teams or divisions. Currently members can be copied one by one to a single team or division, creating additional profiles and adding them to as many teams or divisions as desired.
- Click the Members tab
- Click the Actions ... button to the right of the desired member
- Click + Copy Profile
- Select the division and team (if desired) that the member will be added to in the drop-down(s)
- Click the Copy to Team/Division button
- Member and contact information are copied to the new profile and invitations are automatically sent
- Position, jersey #, receive team emails settings (default ON), organization and team custom field data, permissions, and existing roles are not copied to the new team or division profile.
Transfer Member from One Team or Division to Another
Need to move someone from one team or division in your organization to another? You can move individual members to their new placement under the Members tab.
Attention: Commissioner profiles cannot be transferred. Team owner and manager profiles will lose their admin permissions on the new team they are transferred to. Player and non-player designations are not affected.
- Click the Members tab
- Hover over the Actions ... button to the right of desired member
- Click Manage to view their details
- Hover over the Actions ... button to the right of the member profile that needs to be move
- Select Transfer
- Select the division and team (if desired) that the member will be moved to in the drop-down(s)
- Click the Transfer to Team/Division button
Drag and Drop Rostering from the Rostering Tab
Organization administrators can assign multiple members under the Rostering tab, and can opt to make those placements in a pending status
- Click the Rostering tab
- Use the search filters to narrow your roster search
- Filter based on member status, info, registration, current division/team placement, or custom fields by clicking each filter and selecting or entering criteria to narrow down your roster search results.
- Note: Filters are currently AND conditions only. There are no OR conditions built into the filters at this time.
- Click Search
- Select your rostering mode by clicking Instant or Builder at the top of the Assign Members to Division/Team section
- Click Instant to have rostering assignments take immediate effect and be immediately visible to roster members
- Click Builder to keep changes private and pending until published
- Click Player or Non-player depending upon the type of member being rostered.
- Click division name(s) in the drop section on the right until you have reached the intended division or team
- Need to navigate back through the divisions? Just click the division name or home icon above the drop section
- Click on an individual or multiple members to check the boxes and select for rostering
- Drag and drop member(s) from the left to the drop area on the right to assign
- Drag members back from team/division to the Not Rostered section to un-assign
- For Non-Player rostering: You will see a prompt asking whether the non-player being rostered should be granted manager permissions or not.
Once rostered, the TeamSnap member who completed the registration form under their account will automatically have access to the team the registered participant has been assigned to. On the team roster, their active access is indicated by a green checkmark next to their name in the roster list.
Note: Additional contacts added to a registration will receive email messages, but will not have access to the team until they have been invited to join. The invitation can be sent by the primary account holder (the person who completed the registration) or an administrator for the team or organization by clicking the Invite to Join button next to the contact's name under the member roster profile.
Publish Pending Roster Assignments
Ready to publish your builder mode roster assignments?
- Click the Rostering tab
- Individual roster assignments can be published by selecting the division or team and clicking Publish Roster for the team or division
- Publish all pending roster assignments for the current division by clicking Publish Rosters
- Publish all pending roster assignments for the entire organization by clicking the home icon then Publish Rosters
Notifying Members of Team/Division Placements
While not required, we recommend sending out a member email with the following information:
- Notification that team assignment have been finalized
- Access to the team is automatically available to the person who completed the registration (if applicable) under their TeamSnap account
- Share the Welcome Guide for Members and Contacts
- Share how to add and invite additional family members or contacts